Friday, March 5, 2010

Saturday Blog Shoppers Deals-Ocean Meets the Sky Fused Glass suncatcher

It's that time again. Time for the Saturday Blog Shoppers Deals. These are so fun. I haven't had a sale from them yet, but it's great checking out what all the different blogs/shops have featured each week. This week, going along with my Beach Getaway theme from last week (and since I got to spend an hour or two at the beach yesterday, I'm featuring my Ocean Meets the Sky Fused Glass and Macrame Seashell Suncatcher. I love my glass, but I also love walking along the beach looking for seashells. However, sooner or later you end up with too many seashells. What to do with all of them? Put them in a macrame hanger for a cute little fused glass pot melt suncatcher you just made. I love the different looks/swirls you get when you do a pot melt. When this one came out it reminded me of clouds in the sky. Then when trying to figure out whether to cut it up or not a friend says why don't you make a suncatcher out of it. But then I needed to try to figure out how to hand it. So why not incorporate macrame, which I used to do all the time when I was a teenager and my extensive little seashell collection to make a hanger. VIOLA! "Ocean Meets the Sky" suncatcher. I hope you like it as well as I do. It makes a nice little hanger for your window or could even be hung from your car/truck rearview mirror. See how many other uses you could think of for it in your home. It's at KayzKreationz. Hurry, it's the only one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your suncatcher, your work is so unique and beautiful. Going to take a peek at your shop:)

Happy Saturday Blog Shopping!

~Debbie

Brigita said...

I love the suncatcher, particularly its colors, so beach-y! :-)

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Debbie and Brigita. I enjoyed making it. And I love making unique things.

ArtistiKat said...

This is really lovely and unique! Everything in your shop is so creative! Happy Saturday!

Laci Jo said...

oh wow that glass is BEUTIFUL! dont worry, you will get a sale soon!

Laci
http://zigzagsthisandthats.blogspot.com/

Nevita said...

They are so good pictured, love them.
http://boutiqueaholic.blogspot.com