Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Hop-Part 2

Yesterday you saw what I sent my partner Mandi of Craft-o-liscious from California.  She lives in San Diego.  I love San Diego.  I'm hoping my soup will inspire her to get out of her comfort zone and think 'outside' the box a little.  Today here is the wonderful soup Mandi sent me.  It's Jasper!  I love jasper. I've done a little googling, and I think it's Mookite red and yellow Jasper.  Isn't it gorgeous?  She also sent me some Cherry Quartz, which I love, a Jasper focal, which I think is also Mookite. Then she included some sterling silver beads, some larger beads, and a wonderfuls kidney shaped Sterling Silver clasp.  I recently received my Bohemian Inspired Jewelry book by Lorelei Eurto and Erin Siegel and this soup is really leaning towards some of the inspiration I've found in this book.  This book is fantastic! You really should get yourself a copy.  I also recently won some of Marsha Neal's wonderful silks after participating in her Silk Color Palette challenge and they will definitely be seen in my soup.  So stay tuned for the Great Final reveal on August 25th.  I'm in the last reveal.  The first reveal is going on now. And the 2nd reveal will be shortly.  Be sure to check out Lori at Pretty Things for all the Soups.  Now on to the pictures.  First is my whole soup from Mandi.  Isn't it great?  Then the Cherry Quartz and finally the Mookite Jasper.  I can't wait to get beading!









1 comment:

Mandi said...

Kay, Sorry I forgot to send you the name of each type of bead. You are correct, the jasper is Mookite and the pink ones are Cherry Quartz, I believe. I hope you enjoy your soup. I can't wait to see the final creation!