Friday, January 9, 2009

Why don't we write anymore? Shop of the Day

In browsing through the shop of the day yesterday to pick some items to feature, I realized, most people don't write anymore. I think that's sad. Even though it's nice to get e-mails/instant messages, because they're quick and keep us in touch faster, it's still so much nicer to get a letter or card. I love the anticipation of walking up to the mailbox (mine's about 1/4 mile away-I'm in the country) and wondering if I got a letter or card today. And it's so exciting when you do. You can't wait to get it open and read what the sender has written. I realize we're all much busier than we used to be, but writing cards and letters is so calming and therapeutic. And it MAKES us slow down a little and maybe remember good things again. My mom, sister and I regularly send each other cards, "just because". Cards that are cute, funny, sentimental. And I love them all. My sister loves cats, so whenever I see a cute/funny cat card I just have to get it and send it. My mom loves vintage type things. Even my brother sends cards every one in a while. It just makes someone's day. So with that in mind, check out today's shop PaintedMemoriesByRos. She has some fine, unique note cards, in singles and boxed sets featuring her original artwork. They're great. Get yourself one or two or a whole box and set out to make someone's day by sending a card. There's 2 examples of her cards in the box to the right, but check out her shop and find many more great cards.

8 comments:

Designs by Victoria said...

I've got one friend with whom I engage in semi-regular written correspondence, actual letters with stamps and all.

Opening up an email doesn't compare to getting a letter in the mailbox from halfway across the country or more, slitting the envelope flap and pulling out several sheets of paper that someone took the time to hand-write out to you.

KayzKreationz said...

Isn't that so true. I love getting letters and cards. It is always so exciting. In fact I try to beat my hubby to the mail to see if I've gotten anything. :)

Anonymous said...

Not only beautiful artwork but showcased so nicely on the cards.

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

Hand written notes are so much better than an email. It's a shame it's so uncommon.
Beautiful notecards.

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

You're so right! Soon writing will become a lost art!

The Muse said...

i love to send letters...but i rarely get them :(

Cut Copy Create said...

oh definatley

I love the sound of stuff coming through the mailbox....just a shame for me it's mostly bills heheheh

Almay Alday said...

I love letter writing! It's a lost art and it's the premise why I started making my own greeting cards!