Sunday, May 17, 2009

For all the Hippies out there-Hippie Art and JustGiveMePeace

Hippie Moon Welcome to the hippie parade...We believe in peace and love. Everything in between is just a road trip....
So starts the announcement in this Hippie Art shop. I met JustGiveMePeace in a thread killer. She loves art, drawing and great old music. So I asked her for an interview and she graciously accepted. Hope you enjoy her answers to my questions and for her art, check out her shop: JustGiveMePeace on Etsy.

1. When and why did you start crafting?
LOL! That’s easy. Our Mama allowed us to color on the walls. I think she was the original hippie…she had us casting sand mummies at the beach by the time I was three, collecting wood from old houses to paint on by the time I was five. I still color on the walls!
2. What do you enjoy most about your crafting?
For the most part I paint, color, draw. It’s a peace drug…It’s starts with one thought and once I begin, I’m lost in it.
3. How did you find out about Etsy and why did you start selling there?
Funny, but I learned of Etsy about three years ago when a fellow blogger introduced me to all the cool items she was collecting. I bookmarked it as a really awesome place to visit and suddenly last August, pop! I decided to join.
4. What is the hardest thing to do for your shop or you dislike the most about selling online?
I’m a little spoiled. We began selling on the other E and my only contribution was to draw. My skinny little sister, Paigey, did all the listings, the techno stuff, and well, all I had to do was color. I’m sort of on my own with Etsy and it’s been a learning experience, but over all, there really isn’t anything I don’t like about it. I’ve met some incredible people and it’s like being at a 24 hour, 7 day a week art show. I live in a house with no clocks, so it’s a perfect lifestyle for me…
5. Do you rely on Etsy to help pay bills or is it mainly for fun & extra spending money?
Funny, but when I needed help with the bills, it helped, when I was just hearting some wonderful hippie stuff for myself, it paid for those. It sort of just fits my needs. And goes with the flow…
6. Have you tried or do you sell in offline shops? Do you enjoy that more or less than Etsy & why?
We transitioned from the auction site and even a check out on our web to Etsy only. It’s slowly working…and so far, I’ve found it to be the easiest and far friendliest on line avenue.
7. Where else can you be found online?
Much Peace,Sing

5 comments:

melissa said...

Great Feature Kay! Love to learn more about our fellow Etsyians!
I love JustGiveMePeace's work!

Melissa

Unknown said...

Oh, Kayz....thank you so much, and what wonderful company, I love it!
PS....Waving hugely over my head to Things!

Much Peace:)

Justgivemepeace said...

Oh my gosh, that's the strangest thing that's ever happened to me on blogger, I typed in my name wrong and it linked me to Skinny!

LOL! Waving hugely at Skinny, too!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful interview and I love JustGiveMePeace's shop and artwork. Thank you for introducing us to her.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Wonderful shop - I love her attitude!