Friday, May 15, 2009

The family that plays Disc golf together stays together

family playing disc golf together Back in February my hubby and I had to attend a business seminar he was putting on in San Diego. A month or so before both our sons called us and said they wouldn't mind going with us for a mini vacation while out there. So we made arrangements for them and our daughter-in-law to go out there with us and have a day or two before and after to do things together. The first day out there Chelsea and I found a HUGE bead store with a great sale going on. So while the guys went to a movie, she and I went my two cowboys playing disc golfshopping. Needless to say we weren't done by the time they came back to get us. (This place advertises 18,0000 square feet of beads, and I believe it.)
The next day I went to the conference with my hubby and the kids were off and running. While out they found a disc golf course. (I had originally taken the boys when they were little to disc golf courses in Florida and Louisiana when we attended other business conferences with my hubby. One of the vendors for our conferences would always sponsor a disc golf game for the wives and kids while the guys played regular golf. We had a blast and were hooked. We even found some courses here in Texas when we returned home and continued to play for several years off and on.) When they told me about the course they found, I took half a day off the next day from the conference and went with them to play disc golf. Although it rained/drizzled on us most of the time we had a blast. So the last day before we caught our plane, we all went out to play disc golf together one last time before returning to our homes and work. It was a blast. We had a great time and it was especially special since we were all together as a family, with our new member, daughter in law, Chelsea. Here's a few pics of us playing disc golf. And if you want to see some of the things Chelsea made with the beads we found, check out her shop, STRINGandSTONES. She does gorgeous work. And check out her Katrina bead earrings. They're made with beads from a necklace that was one of the only pieces of jewelry a friend of hers saved from Katrina.
By the way, my guys made quite a stir in San Diego. We got stopped everywhere we went by people asking all three of them if they were really cowboys. They all wear their hats everywhere and it seems, people in San Diego are not used to seeing cowboys and their hats. LOL

4 comments:

melissa said...

Glad you all had a good time. I think thats funny about if they were real Cowboys.(LOL) love it!!


Melissa

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Brandon. We got stopped at least 3 or 4 times and then had a bunch of little kids that would just stare at them. :)

Sinclair said...

What fun! I haven't played in years, but I have a framed "trophy" for taking second in an Am. class at a disc golf tournament in Auburn CA once. It is fun, and good exercise.

KayzKreationz said...

Sinclair, I have a small disc golf basket trophy for being first in the women's class at one game in Florida. But I think there was only 2 or 3 of us women playing. LOL. But it is fun. We enjoy it.