Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Total Lunar Eclipse and some Pictures

I wasn't sure I wanted to stay up late enough to see the lunar eclipse last night, but when my phone beeped and woke me up, I figured why not.  Especially since the next one won't be until 2014.  I got my camera out and got a few pictures of it, although with the lateness, they're not as good as I hoped.  Plus, I didn't have a tripod handy.  But it was exciting anyway.  I'd heard it would be red, but I never saw any red.  I may have missed it, since I finally gave up at about 2:00 a.m. and went back to bed.  I figured I'd seen the first half, that was enough.  Anyway, here's my pictures.  In the last one, you have to look really close, but you can see just the last shadow of the moon before it's completely covered.


No comments: