Friday, December 3, 2010

Bud Lite Beer Bottle Windchime-Recycled

I love making these windchimes.  They're made out of Beer Bottles-Recycled.  I take the labels off, clean the bottles well, fire them slowly in my kiln with wire fused in them for hanging.  Once they've cooled, I take them out, clean them and decoupage the labels back on with a decoupage glue.  Then I hang them from a piece of driftwood from our small Texas ranch with strong fishing line and then use screw eyes and chain to hang the entire windchime.  Everybody seems to have a favorite.  And these seem to be a favorite with my customers.  I even did one this summer for a lady here in Texas.  It had a Coors Lite, Miller Lite and Bud Lite bottle for her "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" area in her home.  These make great gifts and look great hanging either in your home or outside on your deck/porch.  But, I have to warn you, they make LOTS of noise. LOL.  Also, if you're hanging them outside, you may want to seal the tops of the bottles so water doesn't get down in them and freeze and break your bottles. (I learned this the hard way.  The man I bought my first set from didn't tell me that.)  The Bud Lite Beer Bottle Windchime-Recycled can be purchased in my Etsy shop, KayzKreationz.  I'm currently also working on a Corona Beer Bottle windchime.
And for more Glass Kreationz for your Home or Garden, check out my shop, KayzKreationz.

2 comments:

Badkitty Hawaii said...

Love this. Can you do it with New Castle beer too?

KayzKreationz said...

Badkitty, I can do it with any glass beer bottle. Although I've never seen New Castle beer. But if you have the beer bottles, you can send them to me and I can make the windchime for you.