Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Butterflies

I was out checking all my plants after watering them after our light freeze night before last. Got them all uncovered. And as I watered my Rosemary and Salvia I noticed the rosemary was covered with blooms, bees and butterflies! Ran and got my camera and was finally able to get a couple of shots of the butterflies.


I do organic gardening and don't use chemicals, plus we do wildlife management here on our property. So I'm always looking for Texas native/adaptable plants that will draw in the birds, bees, butterflies, and other wildlife into our pastures and our yard. So I was happy to see some of the butterflies still here even after our cold front the last few days. Hope you enjoy the pictures.


And if you're interested in something for your garden for next spring, check out my bird feeder and plant stakes at my etsy shop: http://kayzkreationz.etsy.com/

1 comment:

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks, I checked out your blog. I will think about the advertising. Right now my budget is pretty tight.