Sunday, April 6, 2014

Color of Dreams Blog Hop

Today is the day. I signed up for Rita of Jewel School friends' Color of Dreams blog hop. She graciously sent all the participants an orphan/ooak bead from Patricia of Color of Dreams Boutique to create with. We were to share a dream that has come true, one we are working on now, or one we hope for in the future. The one goal of the hop: we'll focus on our dreams as entirely possible, with the idea, "If we can dream it, we can achieve it". I love her pillow beads. They have so much color in them. This is the bead I received. Isn't it wonderful?

 I love reds and pinks so this was great. It also has a touch of yellow/orange and brown in it, plus a very pale green. Reminds me of Spring when everything is starting to grow, be born and bloom again. Which is kind of appropriate for my dream. I dream or hope one day that my jewelry will bloom, flourish so that people will want to buy it and wear it for themselves. Plus I also hope for a time when I have more time to play, experiment and create more jewelry and glass items than what time I have now. Anyway, I thought about what I wanted to create with my pillow bead. And since I had just gotten a new stamp set from PJTools (more on that in another post) I knew I needed to stamp a tag with dream on it, since this was about our dreams. Plus I wanted my bead to dream itself or fly on its own. So I created a 'dream' tag and a focal/dangle with the bead to hand together from this memory bracelet. Then I found beads I had plus a few I bought to bring out all the color in my bead. So this is my 'Dream' bracelet. I hope you like it.
 


To see what all the other participants created, go to Jewel School Friends blog and check them out or click on the links below. (Hopefully they work).

Honorary Artist: Patricia Handschuh
Patricia's blog:            The Color of Dreams        
Patricias Etsy:             The Color of Dreams
Hostess: TJ                Jewel School Friends
Kay Thomerson           KayzKreationz (you are here)
Audrey Belanger          Toki No Hourousha

Alicia Marinache          All the Pretty Things
Terry Carter                TappingFlamingo
Lori Schneider             Bead Addict
Jenny Kyrlach             Wonder and Whimsy
Asri Wahyuingsih         Asri's Beadwork
Dini Bruinsma              Angaza by Changes
Karla Morgan              Texas Pepper Jams
Debbie Rasmussen        A Little of This, A Little of That
Veralynne Malone          Designed by Vera
Kathy Stemke               Vintage Memories Jewelry Design
Mowse Doyle               Mowse Made This
Heather Richter             Desert Jewelry Designs
Lori Poppe                   Adventures in Creativity with LorilliJean

Jayne Capps                Mama's Got To Doodle
Andrea Glick                Zenith Jade Creations
Kathleen Breeding         99 Bottles of Beads on the Wall
Becky Pancake             Becky Pancake Bead Designs
Karin Martinez              Fairies Market
Miranda Ackerley          Mirandack

Penny Houghton           Smelly Nelly
Carolyn Lawson           Carolyn's Creations
Chris Eisenberg            Wanderware
Christie Murrow          Charis Designs Jewelry
Monique Urquhart        A Half-Baked Notion
Eve Shelby                  Raindrop Creations Jewelry by Evelyn
Cryss Thain                 Here Bead Dragons
Jasvanti Patel               Jewelry By Jasvanti
Nan Smith                   NanMade Handmade Jewelry
Sue Kennedy               SueBeads
Jean Yates                   Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!
Debbie Rogers             Debbies Treasures
Marybeth Rich             A Few Words From Within the Pines
Shirley Moore              Beads and Bread
Shaia Williams             Shaiha's Ramblings
Kathy Lindemer           Bay Moon Design
Linda Anderson           From the Bead Board
Judy Turner               Silver Rains
Gloria Allen                Gloria Allen Designs
Regina Wood              Ginas-Design
Robin Reed                Artistry HCBD
Mary Goovars            MLH Jewelry Designs
Marlene Cupo             Amazing Designs
CJ Bauschka              4 His Glory Creations
Robin Showstack        The Crazy Bead Hoarder
Cynthia O'Toole          Sparkles and Sweets

Jael Thorp                 Jael's Art Jewels
Renetha Stanziano      Lamplight Crafts
And if you're looking for Stained Glass, Mosaics or Fused Glass kreationz for your Home or Garden, check out my shop, KayzKreationz. You will find some of my beaded, wire-wrapped jewelry there, too.

30 comments:

baymoondesign said...

I love the choices of colors you used in your bracelet. Well done!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

How beautifully you incorporated your brilliantly colored bead into your design! :) jean

MirandAck said...

Very nice! I like the way you brought the almost unnotable green color out!
MirandAck.com

Becky Pancake said...

Beautiful bracelet Kay.

Unknown said...

Nice job! I love the dazzling colors.
kathy

Empty nester at last said...

Wow. Love the bead and the colors. I wouldn't have even seen the pale green if you hadn't mentioned it. I love the bracelet. Very springy looking.

anafiassa said...

Oh, what a wonderful bracelet--and what a wonderful dream! I can totally relate to it... And I wish you all the best as your dream starts to bloom! :)

Alicia said...

Lovely - the bracelet is showcasing both the dreamy tag, and the pillow bead beautifully.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Adding the secondary colours really emphasizes Heather's beautiful bead, Kay :) I also love the simple, touching tag you added. The perfect selection!

Hope your dreams all come to pass!

Jael said...

Fun bracelet!

Shai Williams said...

What a beautiful way to keep your dreams close at hand.

Shirley said...

I do love your Dream bracelet! What a great way to focus the attention on the bead!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty bracelet! I love the reasoning behind your Dream tag and the bead flying together! Well Done!!! Have a Blessed Day!

ZenithJade said...

Beautiful bracelet! I've tried metal stamping and it isn't as easy as it looks! :) Great job!

<3,
Andrea

fairiesmarket said...

Sweet I like how you let the color pop! I love creating with memory wire and I really like what you did with our orphan....now it has a color clan.

Unknown said...

Lovely bracelet. Love your color choices.
asri

Unknown said...

Lovely bracelet. Love your color choices.
asri

thecolorofdreams said...

Your dream bracelet is beautiful and I hope all your dreams come true.

Unknown said...

I'm enjoying the variety of colors that you chose to go with your pillow bead. A piece you can wear year round.

Unknown said...

I think many of us here share your dream. All we really want is to create beauty and share it. You certainly made a beautiful bracelet with your orphan bead. Thanks for sharing.

Linda A. said...

GORGEOUS! I L-O-V-E the "dream" tag....someday I'm gonna get me some of thems... =) Congratulations on the beautiful piece!

Here Bead Dragons said...

Sweet bracelet, love the focal and your use of colors.
~cryssT

Kepi said...

Perfect combination of colors, beautiful beads and beautiful bracelet.

Jasvanti said...

I love your bracelet!!

Marybeth said...

I really love the colors of your bracelet! You did a wonderful job with the dream tag as well!

kmorgan said...

Oh Kay! Such a beautiful choice of colors to match your bead. I also love the "dream" stamp. It'll be a fun bracelet to wear!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

I LOVE your bracelet! It radiates, glows with an energy of JOY! The beads you added are so lovely too, and your "dream" stamp is a wonderful touch. You put something special into this jewelry -- and as I look at it, I know your dreams will come true! And looking at your art, I feel hopeful that my dreams will too. Uplifting and confident jewelry! And very pretty too!

Thank you for sharing your art & talents with us!
xxoo Rita

Unknown said...

To me, your bead looks like a ♥ beautiful Dutch tulip!!! And yes, you really designed a Spring bracelet with a sweet texted tag. Really very nice!

Charis Designs said...

What a pretty way to showcase your bead! This looks like a bracelet that would go with all sorts of outfits and brighten them up with all the lovely colors. Christie

Unknown said...

A very spingy, lovely piece indeed ! Amazing work ! <3 Sorry this comment took so long, this week has been a little heretic.