Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'm on the Design Team for ZNETSHOWS

About 3 weeks ago, Bill from ZNETSHOWS contacted me, saying he really liked my blog and my jewelry 'kreationz'.  He was getting ready for the Tucson Gem Mall and he said, although they make great 'sea glass' items they don't design very well.  So he was looking for some designers to send a sample box of their sea glass and crystal components.  In exchange, we would design jewelry with the pieces, send him our pictures, and if our designs were chosen, they would pay for us to ship the jewelry to them and they would display it at the Tucson Gem Mall show.  We would also need to send a business card or two and have ID tags on our jewelry to identify it as ours.  This sounded like a great opportunity and so much fun, so I agreed.  I eagerly awaited my package and here it is.  It contained some clear faceted crystal beads, some light green faceted beads, etched and smooth 'sea glass' pendants, some light teal dagger beads and chips, some light green oval beads and some silver heart and square components.  Aren't they great?
I started thinking about what I could do with them and immediately came up with the idea for my Romance Dangle Earrings.  I checked out a couple of color palettes and really liked the pink with the light green for these earrings.  Then I got the idea of using some silk/nylon ribbons I had just made and squishing them together in between some of the glass beads and the silver square beads for this Romance Bracelet.  I checked another color palette and loved the oranges with the light greens. It reminded me of Autumn, so out came Sweet Autumn necklace with the small orange agate beads from my stash, the light green faceted beads, the clear faceted crystal beads and the silver hearts.  I had 3 silver/pewter leaves that I color/patina'd with some patina inks I've been playing with and attached them.  Then I had this remnant of this great ruffly ribbon that just seemed to call out to be in this necklace. I was actually only going to use a small piece of it and attach a heart toggle clasp I had, but I think it like it long like this. It will slip right over your head. Finally, I had 3 more light green large beads/pendants and decided to wrap them with copper and add the orange agate beads for another fall/autumn themed bracelet. It also has 3 little dangles on the lobster claw clasp.  It's call All Wrapped Up. 


So I've sent my pictures in and hopefully, my designs will be chosen and taken to Tucson for display. I can't wait to hear whether they're good enough.  When they're returned to me, they'll be available either in my Etsy shop, KayzKreationz, here on my blog or on my facebook page, KayzKreationzGlassKreationz.  So be sure to check back.  Do you like them? And if you're looking for some great Cultured Sea Glass Beads to design with be sure to check out ZNETSHOWS.  And be sure to check out the other design team members HERE.

17 comments:

Mandi said...

Kay, I love the two color pallets you chose. The pieces are beautiful. The white ribbon is a great addition.
-M

kmorgan said...

Wow! What a wonderful experience. I hope they like them. I know I do. I like that you added color to the sea glass. I really like the texture of sea glass. You did a great job. Beautiful work.

The ChainMaille Lady said...

Gorgeous designs! Good luck! I would vote for you!! :)

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Mandi. I really enjoyed it, although it was a very short time frame. I’m still working with some of the pieces they sent me (i.e. the daggers) but didn’t have enough time to finish what I wanted to with them for the deadline. Hope they get chosen to go to Tucson. But either way, I had fun.
Kay

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Lauren. It was fun. They're supposed to decide which designs go to Tucson on Friday.

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Karla, I thought they needed a little pop of color to set them off well. I like the look of their ‘Cultured Sea Glass’ and all the shapes they come in.
Kay

Regina said...

Good luck, love the color bursts, great designs.

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Regina. I really like the way the pop of color helped set the sea glass off.

Skye said...

Oh I LOVE the last two, the Sweet autumn pieces :) The tiny bits orange really pop with the sea glass :) Beautiful work!

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Skye, I really liked the orange with the light green sea glass, too. It just seemed to pop. You should check out their site. Some really cool shapes. Thanks for the comment.
Kay

Eclectic Design Choices said...

Congrats on this great opportunity and I hope that you get to send your jewelry.

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks Eclectic. I hope they like them well enough to take them, too. This is the first time I’ve tried anything like this or been asked.
Kay

Becky Pancake said...

Great job on your jewelry. The copper leaves necklace is my favorite.

Christine said...

Your pieces are all so pretty and fun! Good luck!!

Michael and Cherrie Fick said...

Very pretty, the bottom one is my fav.

Donetta said...

It's all so pretty...I love the wire wrapping! Good luck to you!

Charlie said...

I would not have thought of the bright pink with a the green in a million years! I LOVE IT. Great job :)