Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm in Peru


Yay! My youngest son, Chris, and I made it to Lima, Peru this morning. We've been planning this trip for about a year, with one minor/major change. My hubby, Tim was supposed to come with me but had to back out for work in August. So we made arrangements for Chris to come in his place. We're here for an International Bible convention. Have already met quite a few new friends. Hoping to get some pictures of them later. Meanwhile, got checked into our Hotel, the Hotel Libertador and went walking around for a little while this a.m. Found a nice park, "Parque Olivar" with lots of signs about the different birds that are to be seen there. It had some fountains, benches to sit and rest and a nice little pond with Koi in it. Got a few pictures of that. Here's one or two of the park. Enjoy. Hope to share more later.









Don't forget these pictures were taken after being on 3 different planes since about 2:00 p.m. yesterday. Hadn't gotten to check into our room, change or anything, but it was an enjoyable walk, although a little cool. It was about 60 degrees this morning here in Lima. Hope it warms up some.

3 comments:

Sinclair said...

Hope you have a safe and rewarding trip! I would love to see Peru!

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

Have lots of fun and take lot of pictures! I vacation vicariously through all my bloggie friends :D

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

Hi Kay-

I wanted to let you know there is an award waiting for you on my blog http://clayitagain.blogspot.com/2009/11/kreativ-blogger-award.html

XOXOXOX,
Cindi/ClayItAgain

I know it may take you some time to get to this, so don't worry. It took me over a month to get to mine.